What is Employer supplied volunteering?
Employer supported volunteering is any volunteering carried out by employees supported by their employer.
This can take the form of supporting employees’ existing volunteer involvement, during or out of work hours, or more formal projects established to meet both corporate goals and community needs.
All organisations have an impact on the local community in which they operate. The skills and time of their employees are a valuable resource and are a key component in making that impact positive and productive
- Employer supported volunteering provides:
- enthusiastic volunteers with specialist skills for specific needs
- differing viewpoints and a wider perspective on community issues
- the establishment of long term partnerships
- pro bono advice on strategic planning, project development, marketing and finance.
Employer supported volunteering:
- raises the company’s profile and reputation in their local community.
- develops staff awareness, skills and leadership potential
- increases staff motivation, morale and loyalty
- improves communication and understanding between staff.